Struggling with motivation or inspiration in your business or life? Or perhaps you want to start up your own charity or social enterprise? Then this is the episode for you.
Jessica MacPherson (founder and CEO of St Kilda Mums) shares with us what motivates her to continue to lead St Kilda Mums – a Not-For-Profit whose vision is to waste less, share more and care for every baby and child. St Kilda Mums want to ensure that all babies are healthy, happy and safe.
In this interview Jessica shares how she and three others began St Kilda Mums and why, what they do, and she gives practical advice if you’re thinking of establishing a not-for-profit, social enterprise or business.
Jessie believes that being kind to ourselves and each other is key in for a flourishing society and that in order for our lives and business to grow we need to focus on those we serve.
St Kilda Mums currently provide clothing, baby items, and support to other ten thousand babies and children around Victoria through organisations such as Anglicare, The Salvo’s, social workers, and other organisations that support mothers and babies.
Tune in to our interview to hear Jessica’s journey of founding and running St Kilda Mums and be inspired to show kindness to others.
Today you’ll also learn:
- Practical mindset tips to stay on top of your game running a business or not-for-profit
- The importance of learning from a mentor, charity or business before you start something new
- How St Kilda Mums began and what it currently is doing to support vulnerable mothers, babies and children
- How you can get involved in furthering the work they do and why doing a little makes such a big difference
- Why kindness is key in making this world a better place
- What Podcast to listen to in order to stay on top of your game
Afterwards, be sure to check out the links below to support the work St Kilda Mums and follow them on social media to stay up to date with all that they’re doing.
To find out more about the work that Jessie and the team at St Kilda Mums do and to support them, go to:
If this episode inspired you, helped you, educated you, or challenged you then please share it with others.
We’d love to know, what inspired you most about this episode?
Please share it with us in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you.